Shiloh MB Church Service Update RE: COVID-19 Protective Measures
As a church, we want to ensure the health and well-being of our local community of faith. The threat of coronavirus (COVID-19) is a point of concern for most and, as your Pastor, I will be sure to consider your well-being and that of our community as we continue to trust God and move forward. Included in this e-mail is an update on scheduled services for the week.
In the interest of protecting the health of our Shiloh family, Sunday Worship Service will be streamed until further notice. This streamed service will include Praise & Worship, Sermon and Benediction. Only specified ministry leaders and ministries are required to be present. You can access the link on the Shiloh homepage: https://www.
shilohmbclockport.org and shil oh-live-streaming.html. We have also cancelled Wednesday Bible Study. If there is a high enough demand, we will look into streaming bible study as well.
Please access our on-line giving link for continued stewardship through tithes and offering: https://www.shilohmbclockport.
org/about-us/online-giving. html. In times like this, we must maintain our financial standing in order to make it though this challenging season. With that said, we are also acknowledge there may be financial strain among the membership. Please be sure to keep communication open and reach out to us if you are aware of anyone in need, that we may identify the appropriate resources.
We will continue to evaluate services for the coming month. If state and local officials continue to recommend closure, or if we feel it is in the best interest of our church family, we will adjust our schedule and inform you through our website, social media and emails. Also, in an attempt to create a safe and healthy worship environment when we gather, we have taken the following precautionary measures.
We will maintain a clean church environment:
1. We will sanitize frequently touched surfaces before and after each service such as doors, handles, tables,
check-in stations, and sinks.
2. Our Staff and volunteers will wash their hands frequently and stay home if they are sick.
3. We will provide hand sanitizer and add more tissue boxes in the sanctuary to catch coughs and sneezes.
4. Offering buckets will be relocated to the back of the auditorium, so you don’t need to pass them down the row. Online giving is always a great option.
When we do return to regular service, please help in preventing the spread of the virus:
1. Stay at home when you or a family member is sick.
2. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom,
before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
3. Cover your sneeze or cough with a tissue or your arm.
4. Get in the habit of NOT touching your face so often.
5. Substitute shaking hands at church with a wave or a friendly smile.
6. For those with ongoing respiratory issues please exercise additional caution.
Again, please join us in praying for wisdom and discernment as we navigate this unique time in our country. Pray for all who have been impacted by the virus. Pray that we continue to stand in prayer and faith, trusting God for His grace, mercy and faithfulness. Scripture reminds us that God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, love and soundness of mind. Be encouraged, God is faithful.
Pastor Richard D. House and Shiloh Ministry Leadership